On March 16, Women In Bio-San Francisco Bay Area will host a special event for Women’s History Month at JLABS @ SSF. This event will feature women leading innovation, development, and growth through partnerships at life science companies. As biopharmaceutical companies seek to add novel candidates to their pipeline, immuno-oncology (pharmaceuticals that target the immune system to help fight cancer) has been an active area of focus for venture capital investment, partnerships, and collaborations in the life science sector. Although the immuno-oncology space is still nascent, there has been a steady flow of collaborations announced across a diverse range of deal structures.
Moderated by Stacy Feld, VP, Consumer Venture Investments & External Innovation, J&J Innovation - JJDC, our panel discussion will feature the following veteran scientists and business leaders in the life sciences:
- Julie Hambleton, MD, VP and Head of US Medical, Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Sylvaine Cases, PhD, VP of Oncology Scientific Innovation, Janssen R&D and J&J Innovation
- Jane Grogan, PhD, Head of Adaptive Tumor Immunity and Principal Scientist, Genentech
Panelists will share their perspectives, experience, and lessons learned in evaluating and implementing immuno-oncology partnerships. Come and be inspired by these women leading the way in the biotech industry!
- Hear about trends in immuno-oncology
- Listen to industry leaders describe critical factors for successful partnerships
- Learn about partnership resource needs and life cycle as well as examples of building from synergies
- Be exposed to various types of collaborations and lessons learned in evaluating and implementing these partnerships.
Learn more about our speakers.
Walk-ins are not accepted – be sure to register early!
5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Registration and Networking
6:30 p.m. – 6:45 p.m.
WIB Welcome and Introduction
6:45 p.m. – 7:45 p.m.
Panel Discussion and Q&A
7:45 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Students: $10 with discount code for the first 10 registrants. Please email SanFrancisco@womeninbio.org to obtain the code.
JLABS employees: Free with discount code for the first 10 registrants. Please email SanFrancisco@womeninbio.org to obtain the code.
March 13, 2017
Special Pricing for Guests
When registering, members are also allowed 1 guest at member pricing
Thursday, March 16, 2017
5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. PST
Parking is available on site.
Public Transit Information
- JLABS @ SSF is a half hour walk from the South San Francisco Caltrain
- Holders of a South San Francisco Shuttle Pass may take the SSF Shuttle from the Caltrain