Curious about careers in science? WIB-Greater Boston invites middle school girls to a Young Women In Bio (YWIB) event at Pfizer’s Center for Therapeutic Innovation (CTI), a biomedical research facility in Boston investigating new patient therapies. Attendees will tour the labs at CTI, conduct mini hands-on lab experiments, and engage in a Drug Discovery Game. There will also be a panel of host employees who will share stories about their career paths, followed by a Q&A session. Pizza and other refreshments will be served!
Please read the YWIB permission forms located here.
YWIB Participant Age Range
Middle school (age 11-14)
Walk-ins and guests are not accepted – be sure to register early!
3:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Building security check-in and event check-in
4:00 p.m. – 4:15 p.m.
4:15 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.
Lab Experiment and Drug Discovery Game
5:15 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Pizza, career stories, and Q&A
Please print the Pfizer permission forms located here and bring the completed form to the event.
April 12, 2017
Thursday, April 13, 2017
3:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. EST
- MASCO garage: 375 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
- Longwood Galleria garage: 350 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
- Longwood garage: 333 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA
- Children’s garage: 300 Longwood Ave, Boston, MA (entrance on Blackfan Circle)
- Center for Life Sciences Bldg: 3 Blackfan Circle, Boston, MA
Public Transit Information
- Green Line: D Branch to Longwood. Exit train, Chapel St, turn left up the hill to light. Left at Longwood, walk straight • until reach corner of Blackfan Circle (4th light). Turn Left, 2nd building on the left
- Green Line: E Branch to Longwood. Exit train, cross street toward Mass College of Art. Walk down Longwood until first light at Blackfan Circle. Right at light, 2nd building on the left
- 60 or 65 bus: Take to Short St/BIDMC stop. Walk down Brookline Ave to Longwood Ave. Take a left at Longwood. Walk straight until 2nd light, turn left, 2nd building on the left (if on an inbound bus, use the Longwood/Brookline stop at the Shapiro clinic)
- 47, 8 or CT2: Take to Binney St/Longwood Ave Stop. Walk toward Children’s Hospital. Turn left onto Blackfan Circle turn left, 2nd building on the left