Young Women In Bio is making a national effort to highlight STEM to young women through a series of events across the nation during the month of April, under the banner of “Spring into STEM”. WIB-Washington DC/Baltimore YWIB is pleased to present the keynote event. Our panel will consist of female leaders in science, who will speak on preparing for science-based careers. Join our industry experts as they discuss lessons they have learned along the way to establishing their own successful high-profile careers. Our speakers will offer varied perspectives on the subject, ranging from medical, to regulatory, to policy and more. Following the panel session there will be a breakout session on strategies for college admissions.
Space is limited, be sure to register early. Registration enters you in a raffle for some great prizes – must be present to win.
- Stephanie Fertig, MBA, Director, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH (Moderator)
- Dr. Michelle D. Jones-London, PhD, Chief, National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, NIH
- Dr. Carol A. Nacy, PhD, Chief Executive Officer & Chairman, Co-Founder, Sequella Incorporated
- Dr. Melissa Lynn Means, M.D., Trauma Critical Care Medicine, Suburban Hospital
- Suzannah Sundby, B.S., J.D., Managing Partner, Canady & Lortz, LLP
- Dr. Thuy-Anh Melvin, MD, Physician, Service Chief, NOVA Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
Breakout session speaker:
- Elisa Chen, J.D., M.S., Ed., College Admissions Counselor
Please read the YWIB permission forms located here.
YWIB Participant Age Range
* - Walk-ins will be accepted at the door until event capacity is reached.
Friday, April 28, 2017
4:00 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. EST
*To register for WIB events you will need to log into your WIB profile. If you do not have a WIB profile you may create one at http://womeninbio.org/login. You will need to enter your name and email and select a chapter. The system will then send you two emails, a welcome email and an account activation email. Please follow the link on the activation email to finalize set up of your profile. Once you have finalized the set up you can log into your profile and process the registration. Some email systems block the activation link email as spam so please be sure to check your spam folder if you do not receive it. If you need any additional assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org.