On August 9, WIB-San Francisco Bay Area will host a panel discussion at Nektar Therapeutics featuring women at the forefront of translational research. Transferring insights from bench to bedside is a critical component of the biopharmaceutical industry’s mission, and this event is focused on demystifying translational research in the context of a lively, interactive discussion. Our expert panelists will shed light on this underexplored process, drawing from their own experiences in therapeutic areas ranging from infectious disease to cancer to rare diseases.
The panel includes our moderator, Maureen Cronin, Ph.D. (Executive Director of Informatics and Knowledge Utilization at Celgene), and panelists:
These veteran researchers will share insights and describe the paths that led them to success in translational research. Please join us for what promises to be an exciting evening of discussion and networking!
Learn more about our speakers.
Walk-ins are not accepted – be sure to register early!
5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Registration and Networking
6:00 p.m. – 6:15 p.m.
WIB Welcome and Introduction
6:15 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Panel Discussion and Q&A
8:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Networking with Panelists
August 7, 2017
Special Pricing for Guests
When registering, members are also allowed 1 guest at member pricing
Wednesday, August 9, 2017
5:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. PST
- limited street parking available around the Nektar Therapeutics building (455 Mission Bay Boulevard South, San Francisco, CA 94158)
- public parking lot on South St (two blocks from Nektar)
Public Transit Information
- short walk from the Mission Rock and UCSF/Mission Bay stops of the KT Muni line
- 15-minute walk from the San Francisco Caltrain station
- 15-minute walk from the 4th and King stop of the N Muni line