WIB 2010 Annual Holiday Party
Women In Bio celebrated the season among many friends at their annual Holiday Party, held this year at Imagination Stage in Bethesda, Maryland, a “theatrical” venue for networking. The event was generously sponsored by the NIH Federal Credit Union, providing great hors d'œuvre and wine, as well as photo gift bags containing - yes - Godiva Chocolates! Door prize winners this year included:
- WIB membership - Shilpa Vinod Kumar, MS MBA, Research Associate, GenVec, Inc
- WIB membership - Rosemarie Truman, Exec. Vice President, Solutions at Advanced Clinical
- Two Imagination Stage show tickets - Renata De Fries, MD, Chevy Chase BioPartners
- Harry & David gift basket - Beth A. Burnside, Ph.D., RRD International, LLC
- iPod - Carlotta Kuylenstierna, Postdoctoral Researcher at Karolinska Institutet
The event marked the changing of leadership at Women In Bio, with Lynn Johnson Langer officially concluding her role as President to become President Emeritus. Lynn was presented an engraved Tiffany’s crystal bowl by Debra Bowes, who will begin her tenure as Women In Bio President for 2011. Phyllis Dillinger was also enthusiastically introduced as President Elect.
It was a great night to celebrate the holidays and network with 70 WIB members and guests.