WIB at BIO 2014 International Convention in San Diego
Opening Doors, Expanding Horizons, Empowering Women to Reach Their Full Potential
WIB is building up to a range of activities at BIO International Convention 2014 in San Diego this June, headlined by our signature WIB Welcome Celebration, which will feature one of the most prominent women in Pharma, Annalisa Jenkins.
REGISTER HERE TO JOIN THE CELEBRATION
The Welcome Celebration will be held at the beautiful Hilton San Diego Bayfront, Sapphire Terrace on June 23rd, 2014 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
This is an opportunity to meet new and familiar faces from across the industry and across the globe, and this year we are delighted to welcome our honored guest Annalisa Jenkins MD, a leading figure in the biopharmaceutical industry.
Annalisa's career has taken her from the British Royal Navy to the top echelons of pharma, and she is a vocal advocate for advancing women’s opportunities in life sciences. She has written and spoken about the ways in which more women in leadership can benefit the industry, and we look forward to an inspiring and interactive discussion.
This WIB event is always warm, welcoming, fun and interesting. Each year it brings together people from all corners of the biotech industry, and spawns new career and business opportunities.
If you are interested in finding out more about sponsorship, see our brochure or contact email@example.com.
WIB Meet-Ups at BIO 2014
In addition to our Welcome Celebration, we also have two Meet-Up Sessions planned during BIO 2014:
Women In Bio-Southern California Area Professionals and Executives in the Life Science Industry. Tuesday, June 24, 2014, from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m at Booth #319. [RSVP]
- While this informal gathering is open to all BIO attendees, it should be particularly valuable for attendees based in Southern California - providing a low-key setting for current and prospective WIB-Southern California chapter members to meet industry peers and discuss professional interests.
Speed Networking Session for Existing and Prospective WIB Members. Wednesday, June 25, 2014, from 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m at Booth #319. [RSVP]
- At this gathering, current and prospective WIB members will have the opportunity to speed network with industry peers and discuss professional interests. This Meet-Up is open to all BIO attendees.
A Women In Bio booth will be located in the BIO 2014 Exhibit Hall (Booth #2403). Stop by, say hello, and learn more about our rapidly growing organization!
Women's History Month 2014
Education and Entrepreneurship for Women: A nationwide WIB conference
SPONSORED BY PFIZER, INC.
Women In Bio is delighted to launch the annual WIB North American Conference for Women’s Education and Entrepreneurship in honor of Women's History Month. WIB will hold events in its 11 chapter cities across North America throughout the month of March, including keynote addresses and panel discussions from pioneer women in life sciences covering multiple topics.
- FINDING THE PATH TO YOUR OWN CAREER HISTORY (San Francisco)
- PERSPECTIVES IN BRIDGING THE GENDER GAP IN THE LIFE SCIENCES (Chicago)
- HOW TO DARE TO BE YOURSELF? INNOVATE AND STAY STANDING! (Research Triangle Park)
- NONPROFIT ADVOCACY IN THE BIOTECH INDUSTRY (Boston)
- WOMEN AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP (Southern California)
- WOMEN TRAILBLAZERS IN LIFE SCIENCES (Washington DC/Baltimore)
- LESSONS FROM WOMEN IN THE C-SUITE (New York)
- A LOOK AT THE STATE OF WOMEN IN THE LIFE SCIENCES (Seattle)
Young Women In Bio (YWIB) programs:
- BREAKING BARRIERS; WOMEN WHO MADE HISTORY IN SCIENCE (Pittsburgh)
- GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN… IN SCIENCE (Atlanta)
For more details and sponsorship opportunities, please see our Women's History Month brochure.
Browse back to current or archived Special Events.