WIB at BIO2016, Moscone Center, San Francisco, California
The Women In Bio annual event and Meetups during the BIO International Convention attract hundreds of WIB members as well as community and business leaders (women and men) from across the United States and beyond.
A Women In Bio booth will be located in the BIO 2016 Exhibit Hall (Booth #6338). Stop by, say hello, and learn more about our rapidly growing organization!
Annual Plenary Event
Please join us for our signature annual WIB Plenary Event on Monday, June 6, 2016, at the beautiful Clift Hotel. Attendees will have the opportunity to meet new and familiar faces from across the industry and across the globe. Our panel of speakers will include:
Please click here to register for our Plenary Event.
Marie Curie BIO Sponsors
Rosalind Franklin BIO Sponsors
Elizabeth Blackwell BIO Sponsors
Rachel Carson BIO Sponsors
Learn more about supporting WIB at BIO2016 (pdf), or please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WIB Meetups at BIO 2016
In addition to our Plenary Event, we also have two Meet-Up Sessions planned during BIO 2016:
Women In Bio—San Francisco Area Professionals & Executives in Life Sciences Meetup (RSVP)
Tuesday, June 7, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
MeetUp Area, Booth #6282, BIO Exhibition, Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
While this informal gathering is open to all BIO attendees, it should be particularly valuable for attendees based in the San Francisco area, providing a low-key setting for attendees to meet industry peers and discuss professional interests, and discuss the benefits of the existing WIB-San Francisco chapter.
Women In Bio Speed Networking Session for Existing and Prospective WIB Members (RSVP)
Wednesday, June 8, 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
MeetUp Area, Booth #6282, BIO Exhibition, Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
Current and prospective WIB members will have the opportunity to speed network with industry peers and discuss professional interests. This Meet-Up is open to all BIO attendees.
Ensuring Inclusion: Industry Efforts to Improve Gender Diversity, MA Pavillion
Join us for a conversation about new initiatives to ensure women have equal access throughout the industry, including Women In Bio’s Boardroom Ready Program.
Ensuring Inclusion: Industry Efforts to Improve Gender Diversity
Tuesday, June 7, 2016, 4:00 p.m.
Massachusetts Pavilion (Booth #6460), BIO Exhibition
- Jodie Morrison, President & CEO, Tokai Pharmaceuticals
- Dawn Hocevar, Vice President of National Business Development, Biosurplus & President Elect, Women In Bio
- Michael Rice, Founding Partner, LifeSci Advisors
- John McDonald, Vice President of Corporate Development and Strategy, Biogen
- Karen Bernstein, Co-Founder & Chairman, BioCentury
- Carolyn Brougham, Associate, Brinks Gilson and Lione & Co-chair of the Women In Bio Executive Development Leadership Committee
- Simone Fishburn, Editor, BioCentury Innovations
One Last Pitch with Women In Bio, BPI Theater
Come celebrate One Last Pitch with Women In Bio! This “shark-tank” style event will feature two groups of influential women in the biotech space - investment firms and fundraising companies. Fundraising companies will present a six minute pitch to investors, followed by feedback and advice from the panel of investors. Audience members will also have the chance to vote for their favorite pitch!
One Last Pitch with Women In Bio
Thursday, June 9, 2016, 2:00 p.m.
BioProcess International Theater (Booth #5476), BIO Exhibition
- Margarita Chavez, Senior Director, AbbVie Biotech Ventures
- Dr. Alice Chen, Principal, Accelerator Corporation
- Nina Kjellson, General Partner, Canaan Partners
- Dr. Nola Masterson, Managing Director, Science Futures Management Company
- Nicole Walker, Director, Venture Capital, Baird Capital
- Laura Bosworth, CEO, Tevido Biodevices, LLC
- Akiko Futamura, Ph.D., President & CEO, InfiniteBio
- Amita Goel, CEO, Celltheon Corporation
- Carin Rollins, Founder & CEO, Hinge Bio
- Ailis Tweed-Kent, CEO, Cocoon Biotech Inc.
- Li-Hsien (Lily) Rin-Laures, M.D., Partner Marshall Gerstein Borun
According to a Liftstream survey on biotechnology leadership, greater than 50% of biotech companies in Europe and the US have all male boards, and women make up less than 25% of the leadership teams in both regions. Additionally, boardroom aspirations of women and men are nearly identical, yet women are much less likely to be contacted about board positions, or even speaking roles at industry conferences. In conjunction with BIO, Women In Bio convenes a roundtable of executives across life science to discuss how we can reach the goal of a 50% gender split in senior management and boardrooms. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
Women's History Month 2016
Women In Bio is excited to celebrate Women’s History Month (WHM) in March by hosting its third annual National WIB Conference. To honor and recognize the contributions generations of women have made to events in history and to society, WIB's chapters will hold events in cities across North America. These events will include keynote addresses and panel discussions from women leaders in the life sciences.
Our WHM theme for this year is "Expanding The 50/50 Challenge." This theme reflects WIB’s unwavering commitment to bridging the gap between men and women in leadership positions.
- WIB-RTP Presents a Women's History Month Event! - The "Influence Matters" Workshop, March 2, 2016
- WIB-San Francisco Bay Area Women’s History Month YWIB Event, Hosted by the Joint BioEnergy Institute March 8, 2016
- WIB-Southern California YWIB Presents “International Women’s Day- Women in STEM: Media & Communications” March 8, 2016
- WIB-Chicago Presents a Women's History Month Event! "Biosimilars 2.0," March 10, 2016
- WIB-DC/Baltimore YWIB Presents a Womens History Month Event! - An Afternoon of Hands-On Science March 11, 2016
- WIB-RTP YWIB Women's History Month Event: “Spring into STEM - The Spirit of Innovation and Entrepreneurship” March 12, 2016
- WIB-Greater Boston and Johnson & Johnson Innovation, JLABS Present a WHM Event: "The Women In Bio Lobster Pot," March 16, 2016
- WIB-San Francisco Bay Area Womens History Month Event: “Women in Leadership: Seizing Opportunities"March 17, 2016
- WIB-DC/Baltimore Presents a Women's History Month Event: "Women Investing in Women," March 17, 2016
- WIB-Montreal YWIB Presents a WHM Event: "Today's Students, Tomorrow's Scientists" Third Annual Workshop for Girls in Grade 9, March 22, 2016
- WIB-Metro New York Presents a Women's History Month Event: "Entrepreneurship and Innovation Panel Discussion," March 24, 2016
- WIB-Seattle Metro Presents a WHM Event: "The 50/50 Challenge: Projecting Confidence and Practicing Power as a Path Forward," March 28, 2016
- WIB-Austin Area Presents a WHM Networking Happy Hour - Supporting Professional Women In Austin, March 29, 2016
- WIB-Pittsburgh Presents a Women’s History Month Event! “Trending Industry Jobs in Pittsburgh” March 30, 2016
WIB Offers a Women's History Month Membership Discount!
If you've considered joining Women In Bio, there is no better time to do so than now!
In honor of Women’s History Month, throughout March, WIB will offer 20% off of our normal membership rates. Take advantage of this discount and join us for only $76 (1-year general membership) or $40 (student/post-doc membership). There are also discounted multi-year membership options and discounted organizational membership options available. This is a limited-time offer for new members; take advantage of it today!
To become a WIB member, join us with the promo code: WHM201620%
*this promotion applies to new memberships only
Browse back to current or archived Special Events.